- CurriculumThe classes listed below are a combination of the core classes (Yi Ren Qigong Levels 1-3) and some of the other non-core classes that are offered on a regular basis and occasionally. With time the list of non-core classes will grow and expand to meet the demand and need of the student base. Tai Chi & Qigong Seattle Training Curriculum Core Classes and Current list of non-core classes -Level 1: Foundation, Chi Gong Exercise Awakening the Healing Powers Within (The prerequisite for all subsequent courses) Yi Ren® Qigong -Tai Chi Movement: Taoist Tai Chi For Internal & External Strength & A Peaceful Mind (Completion of Level 1 Required) -Moving With Qi: Chi Kung & Tai Chi Style Movements (Completion of Level 1 Required) Yi Ren® Qigong -Level Two: Development Of The Twelve Major Meridians and Organ Networks (Completion of Level 1 required) Yi Ren® Qigong -Jing & Rou: Integrating The Qi Into The Muscles & Tendons To Build Physical Strength (Completion of level 2 required) Yi Ren® Qigong -Level Three: The Extraordinary Meridians (Completion of Level 2 required & Jing/Rou suggested) Yi Ren® Qigong -Sound/Energy Center Correspondences (Prerequisite: completion of Level 2) Yi Ren® Qigong -Forms of Meditation: To Help People Enlighten Their…
- Qigong Level 1: Internal Qi Activation & Cultivation
- Level 2: Activating & Developing the Internal Organ Energy Pathways
- Level 3: Development of the Extraordinary Meridians
- Moving W/ Qi: Qigong w/ Taichi style Movements
- Jing & Rou: Muscle & Tendon
- Tai Chi Movement: Taoist Tai Chi
- Sound / Energy Center Correspondence
- The Sacred Gates of Internal Cultivation
- Continuing Ed.
- Consultations & Private Lessons
- Contact Us
First Days Learning
7/18/13****This is my healing journey. I hope to feel less pain, increased joy and more energy from learning Yi Ren Qigong.
Today I feel like celebrating and I really hope it stays with me. It’s such a new feeling for me. My journey with scoliosis has been difficult through the years. It started when I was ten years old and has continued to be a huge burden for me. Here I am at nearly sixty years old and most days I suffer from chronic pain in my back, neck, hips and legs. I have a double curve that is over 67 degrees at the L4/L5, and about 43 degrees in the thoracic region. Those of you who know anything about scoliosis will know what I have been going through most of my life. Braces and shoe lifts. Hundreds of sessions of physical therapy. Fear of surgeries needed. X rays galore. But, getting back to celebrating……
I woke up this morning late for me and realized that I had slept straight through the night for the first time in years. And, though I am not pain free today, my pain is tolerable and my mood is light. Both of my feet feel like they are on the ground! Like I am balanced. It’s amazing and I am so very grateful! I had a sweet day with my favorite ten year old singing and making art with elders in Adult Family Homes. Then, I flavored and stored a new batch of ginger kombucha I brewed.
I believe this new feeling of wellbeing comes from my first Yi Ren Qigong introductory class last night from a wonderful teacher in Seattle, Brendan Thorson, at The Noble School of Tai Chi & Qigong Training. It’s a pretty complex practice and I am going to have to work hard to learn. Because of my scoliosis, standing causes me pain. Laying down relieves it. I admit I had a difficult time standing for a little over an hour last night.
Well, time will tell! I am going to another one and half hour class tomorrow night. And, then on Saturday and Sunday, I will train all day! I just hope I can make it. Whenever I have my doubts, I push those thoughts away and act “as if” Qigong has already begun the healing process. Of course, my scoliosis will not go away. We rattlesnakes will always be curvy! But, I really expect to have much less pain, more hope for living a full life and plenty of more growth and learning!