- CurriculumThe classes listed below are a combination of the core classes (Yi Ren Qigong Levels 1-3) and some of the other non-core classes that are offered on a regular basis and occasionally. With time the list of non-core classes will grow and expand to meet the demand and need of the student base. Tai Chi & Qigong Seattle Training Curriculum Core Classes and Current list of non-core classes -Level 1: Foundation, Chi Gong Exercise Awakening the Healing Powers Within (The prerequisite for all subsequent courses) Yi Ren® Qigong -Tai Chi Movement: Taoist Tai Chi For Internal & External Strength & A Peaceful Mind (Completion of Level 1 Required) -Moving With Qi: Chi Kung & Tai Chi Style Movements (Completion of Level 1 Required) Yi Ren® Qigong -Level Two: Development Of The Twelve Major Meridians and Organ Networks (Completion of Level 1 required) Yi Ren® Qigong -Jing & Rou: Integrating The Qi Into The Muscles & Tendons To Build Physical Strength (Completion of level 2 required) Yi Ren® Qigong -Level Three: The Extraordinary Meridians (Completion of Level 2 required & Jing/Rou suggested) Yi Ren® Qigong -Sound/Energy Center Correspondences (Prerequisite: completion of Level 2) Yi Ren® Qigong -Forms of Meditation: To Help People Enlighten Their…
- Yi Ren® Qigong Level 1: Internal Qi Activation & Cultivation
- Level 2: Activating & Developing the Internal Organ Energy Pathways
- Level 3: Development of the Extraordinary Meridians
- Moving W/ Qi: Qigong w/ Taichi style Movements
- Jing & Rou: Muscle & Tendon
- Tai Chi Movement: Taoist Tai Chi
- Sound / Energy Center Correspondence
- The Sacred Gates of Internal Cultivation
- Continuing Ed.
- Consultations & Private Lessons
- Contact Us
Call or Email Brendan to Schedule your session and for class questions.
Phone: (206) 354-8216
Brendan is available for Yi Ren Qigong Workshops throughout the country and beyond to places like Spas, Holistic Centers, Conventions, Hospitals or to your community in your city. Call or email for details.
Introductory Class, May 5th.
Yi Ren® Qigong: Energy Activation & Informational with Instructor Brendan Thorson
(Open to all. Beginning to advanced qigong students)
Experience and learn the theory behind medical qigong from an anatomical, physiological, and psychological perspective to enhance mental, emotional, physical and spiritual health. Receive insight regarding some of the numerous health benefits of qigong for self-care, strengthening and balancing the vitality of all the human anatomical systems like the immune, nervous and endocrine systems for a stronger immune system, and improved sleep quality. We will also, do qigong exercises to activate our energy field, the kidneys and relax the Adrenal Glands to support the participants to sense the energy feel refreshed, recharged and relaxed all at the same time.
May 5th 2016
- When: Thursday, 5/5, 7- 7:55pm
- Where: University Heights Community Center. 5031 University Way NE #109. Seattle, WA 98105
- How Long: 7- 7:55pm
- Full Time Student:$5
“Brendan’s Qigong class is the best Self-Care I have found in over 25 years. I am amazed at how little I react to stressful moments. My severe anxiety issues are gone & my energy levels stay constant throughout the day.” Jill Morris, LNP, LMP, RMT
“As a Nurse, I initially felt pretty skeptical about attending the QiGong training with Brendan. My days are spent in science based activities and Western medicine. I was really surprised when I was able to feel the energy between my hands and an unexplainable sense of joy and lightness during the first class. The benefits have been: sleeping more soundly, feeling more energized during the day, not feeling as overwhelmed during the day with stress, greatly reduced anxiety, feeling grounded and feeling more connected to other people. My diet and appetite has also changed for the better, I now crave healthier foods.” Lynn, Registered Nurse
Instructor Brendan Thorson LMP, has over 15 years experience practicing and learning this 5,000 year old science of energetic medicine. He has developed special abilities from his years of training to sense where his clients have energetic imbalances and how to use the Qigong (Energy Work) to help balance their energy system (Health & Vitality). He works with the organ and glandular systems, chakras and Acupuncture energy pathways. He also gives personalized Qigong guidance to each individual and additional guidance that could range from food, lifestyle choices, energy psychology (emotional and mental well being), to the incorporation of seeing other health care professionals. Brendan’s guidance will vary from client to client based on their individual situation.
During Brendan’s Consultations:
- Stage 1:
- After initial consultation, he will energetically support and guide energy to specific areas of the client to upgrade and balance their energies.
- Stage 2:
- Energetically teach and practice specific qigong exercises with each individual client to further balance their health and energies.
- Stage 3:
- Prescribe specific qigong exercises for the client to do at home.
Each consultation is personalized for each individual and the above session stages (1, 2, & 3) are often combined together during the sessions.
Private Lessons are for anyone from a first time student to a 10 or more year veteran of Qigong. They are all personalized for each individual regardless of their level of development and are for anyone seeking personalized guidance with their practice like:
- A new or experienced student preferring private lessons over group classes
- Someone wanting to get started with the a level of training before they can take it in a group class
- A student wanting to learn more advanced training or deepen their practice
- A student seeking to move past an area that they are stuck
- An experienced student who wants personalized guidance and support with their practice and development
Sunday, February 23 at East West Bookshop Seattle
1-2:30pm in Tea Garden $10
Over the past 5,000+ years the ancient Taoists discovered many secrets to healing and maintaining one’s health. Now many of these secrets are available to you from Yi Ren® Qigong! In this introductory class you will learn to activate your energy field and your internal energy system. We will focus on the activation and balancing of the Elixir Field (Dantian) and the Kidney Energy Centers. Join Yi Ren Qigong instructorBRENDAN THORSON, LMP, of The Noble School of Taichi & Qigong Training to begin your journey.
“Yi Ren Qigong healed my body and aligned my spirit. I started this practice over two years ago and am still amazed at the unfolding benefits that I feel. This practice has calmed my mind and given me increased spiritual clarity. My back has been dramatically healed after trying everything from pain killers to chiropractic work. I quit smoking cigarettes thanks to the deepening awareness of my body. I am stronger and more present in my body thanks to the increased connection to higher realms and the earth.”–Michael, Healer & Shaman
A Vibrant Elixir Fieldis essential for one to maintain Powerful Regeneration Energies throughout life for enhanced vitality, longevity and creativity. The Elixir Field is our energy source for Self-Healing, Personal Growth and Spiritual Development. While the Kidneys are our Internal Power Station and having powerful kidney energy is necessary for one to have a strong and healthy body and mind. The kidneys are related to the strength of the bones and bone marrow.
+ Activation of the Kidney fire energies is a key to the activation of the Elixir Field
+ Deeper internal connection between the Kidneys and the Elixir Field enhances one’s internal healing powers
+ Our Elixir Field is more or less like our Energetic Bank Account–thus we want to keep our energetic bank account full so we will have the energy to live a full life. Just like one wants to have plenty of money saved for retirement. “In my experience, one’s energetic bank account is even more important than one’s financial bank account because you can always earn money if you are strong and healthy, but you cannot enjoy your life regardless how much money you have if you do not have your health.”
Additional Benefits from the Development of the Elixir Field:
+ Help women get over premenopausal symptoms
+ Center to nourish our Motherly energies
+ Connects to the Moon energies
Brendan has ongoingLevel 1 training and upcoming seminars
Brendan has had articles published inQi Magazine:The Journal of Traditional Health and Fitness.