- CurriculumThe classes listed below are a combination of the core classes (Yi Ren Qigong Levels 1-3) and some of the other non-core classes that are offered on a regular basis and occasionally. With time the list of non-core classes will grow and expand to meet the demand and need of the student base. Tai Chi & Qigong Seattle Training Curriculum Core Classes and Current list of non-core classes -Level 1: Foundation, Chi Gong Exercise Awakening the Healing Powers Within (The prerequisite for all subsequent courses) Yi Ren® Qigong -Tai Chi Movement: Taoist Tai Chi For Internal & External Strength & A Peaceful Mind (Completion of Level 1 Required) -Moving With Qi: Chi Kung & Tai Chi Style Movements (Completion of Level 1 Required) Yi Ren® Qigong -Level Two: Development Of The Twelve Major Meridians and Organ Networks (Completion of Level 1 required) Yi Ren® Qigong -Jing & Rou: Integrating The Qi Into The Muscles & Tendons To Build Physical Strength (Completion of level 2 required) Yi Ren® Qigong -Level Three: The Extraordinary Meridians (Completion of Level 2 required & Jing/Rou suggested) Yi Ren® Qigong -Sound/Energy Center Correspondences (Prerequisite: completion of Level 2) Yi Ren® Qigong -Forms of Meditation: To Help People Enlighten Their…
- Qigong Level 1: Internal Qi Activation & Cultivation
- Level 2: Activating & Developing the Internal Organ Energy Pathways
- Level 3: Development of the Extraordinary Meridians
- Moving W/ Qi: Qigong w/ Taichi style Movements
- Jing & Rou: Muscle & Tendon
- Tai Chi Movement: Taoist Tai Chi
- Sound / Energy Center Correspondence
- The Sacred Gates of Internal Cultivation
- Continuing Ed.
- Consultations & Private Lessons
- Contact Us
Martial Artists, Meditators, Yoga Practitioners & Shamans
I am a chiropractor, I practice in Moscow, Idaho (5 hr drive from Seattle). I’ve been studying Qigong with Brendan for six months. I’ve taken his weekend level 1, 2 and 3 classes, Jing and Rou and Moving with Qi. The material is amazing, and the speed with which it comes together is incredible. I’ve studied a variety of disciplines for over 30 years and nothing has come close to developing internal power and sensitivity the way Brendan’s material does. My ability to perceive what it is my patients need has gone up exponentially and my ability to treat them has expanded enormously since I started this practice. For decades I’ve been searching for the catalyst that allows us to consciously join with the unseen force that creates and binds all together. Yi Ren qigong is that catalyst. I strongly endorse Brendan’s teaching.
Kevin Smith, D.C.
Yi Ren Qigong healed my body and aligned my spirit. I started this practice over two years ago and am still amazed at the unfolding benefits that I feel. This practice has calmed my mind and given me increased spiritual clarity. My back has been dramatically healed after trying everything from pain killers to chiropractic work. I quit smoking cigarettes thanks to the deepening awareness of my body. I am stronger and more present in my body thanks to the increased connection to the higher realms and the earth. My entire body has awakened and quite often I feel the hum of the universe coursing through me and connecting me to healing energies that before I was unable to access. This practice has been very empowering and intellectually stimulating. My entire world shifted after my first class of experiencing the chi between my hands!
–Michael, Shaman & Healer
Seattle Tai Chi & Qigong Testimonial
The practice of QiGong has given me the opportunity to experience energy in a much more tangible way in and around my body; As an Energy Intuitive, embracing this as a personal practice is expanding my sensitivity to seeing, feeling, and being energy. Brendan is gifted in teaching and modeling QiGong so it has become easily incorporated into my lifestyle not as an additional exercise, but as an expanded way to experience myself. MM, Energy Intuitive
Seattle Tai Chi & Qigong Testimonial
Andrew Forrayi 3/9/2011
I have been studying Yi Ren Qigong with Brendan Thorson for 8-months now and it has been incredible. I am currently a student pursuing an engineering degree, have many areas of interest in metaphysics, have taken roughly 7-years of yoga pursued with a devotion to connecting deeply to myself and my surroundings. Yoga has definitely shifted myself and the dynamic relationship with the world both internally and externally. At a certain point in my yoga training I ungrounded myself and it took me several years to find something that would be effective for me with where I was and allow me to take it further and deeper, once I was able to ground myself and could return to the homeostasis state. I found the ability to not only ground myself in qigong but take the experience even further. As with how yoga opened my eyes to how amazing life could become if your bliss is nurtured, so to with qigong although totally different, amazing in another way entirely. I began to feel the energy pathways of my organs, certain chronic pains from joints and my back have for the most part healed themselves and I can feel them continuing to do so J. I have found it to be absolutely incredible and will continue exploring it probably for many years. It has the potential to be paradigm shifting and exponentially amazing. The greatest impact has been to my overall sense of well-being, being grounded and tapping into and releasing the stored emotional baggage [Energy Blockages] with the strength from being grounded and the presence of mind to comfortably engage and set free these past issues putting that bounce back into my step and the wonderful feeling of feeling healthy and that it can keep getting better.
Some of the benefits I’ve experienced:
- A growing sense of well being as my deep internal energy levels have improved
- Certain chronic ailments are no longer causing me trouble (my knees, and rotator cuff)
- Increased retention in my studies
- Starting to feel the internal energy from my organs and the meridians as they circulate within my body
- I generally sleep less and feel much more rested with the less sleep (which has been awesome!)
- Im becoming able to maintain my sense of the self I want to be even when under stressful situations and have the presence of mind during so to act as I would feel good about after 🙂 which can be developed with any meditation yet in Qigong it is definitely uniquely incredible.
- Over all I am finding that with this meditation I am building and nurturing a metaphorical “ball rolling down a hill”, as my greater energy levels are increasing. Its not particularly difficult but is definitely something to take seriously if you have interest in biological energy fields especially your own.
I am deeply grateful for this opportunity I have been given to study with Brendan.
Yi Ren® Qigong Level 1 Testimonial
“When I first began taking classes in TaiChi and Qigong, my initial intention and attraction was to increase my ability to feel and sense and move energy. I was also interested in learning what appeared to be a healing practice or modality. After I had taken several classes, I was excited to see that both of these were happening for me at an even greater depth than I had anticipated. I had begun to gradually sense energetic changes and movement each day. I also found myself using techniques outside of class quite frequently.
What I experienced in class throughout the different practices was a growth of awareness and sensitivity to energetic activity in my body and around it. Some of the many ways I could describe feeling the energy is like warmth, pulsing, vibration, increase or decrease of pressure, expanding and contracting, magnetic, directed flow, tingling, and peaceful and calm. Each time we met and practiced, I noticed the ability to tap into the energy at a quicker rate. I cultivated a very strong and focused concentration to maximize the effect of any given practice, including cleansing, purifying, healing, or grounding. I also learned to use my intuition to communicate with what I was sensing in my energy body. An example of this would be either choosing the right practice for what I felt or focusing on a particular area of the body that felt stuck or stagnant. By the end of the 5th class I felt 100 times more clear and aware of my body and ability to heal myself.
Some of the many other benefits I noticed from this practice seemed to integrate into my other practices. I had increased awareness of my body during yoga practice. I have experienced greater levels of peace, wellbeing, health, and vitality. Increased ability to heal physical injuries and practice regular energetic detoxes. I have noticed quicker and deeper access to meditative states and an overall clearer more peaceful mindset. I built upon my knowledge of energy movement through breath and have a much stronger relationship with it now. With all of these benefits in just 5 weeks, I am looking forward to continuing the practice and opening up to even greater opportunity and capacity to use this incredible healing life force.” -Brena
The following testimonial is written by a grad student with some background in both martial arts and meditation.
Seattle Tai Chi & Qigong student testimonial
“Several months before attending the level one class I was trying to learn various meditation methods to dissolve and let go of stress and tension. The profession I’m about to go into can be very stressful and I felt that finding a healthy way to let go of stress would be necessary so I wouldn’t have to carry it with me and let it build up. Eventually I started reading about qigong or chi gung and learned that it was a great starting place before trying deeper meditative practices, so I sought a class that talked about working with the body’s energy specifically.
I learned a lot from just taking the 6 week level one class. From day one I learned to feel this connection between my hands and from this foundation slowly built up my awareness of this feeling throughout various points in my body. Towards the end of the class I could circulate this connection or energy around my body and even down into my feet, which was something I never thought I would personally experience for myself.
I started practicing at least 40 minutes on most days of the week. This helped a lot to slowly build up this connection I was feeling with my body, and every week my practice got a little deeper. I noticed I felt more rested when I woke up in the morning, which was a problem I had in the past. A year ago no matter how much sleep I got I would never wake up feeling refreshed. I also became more conscious of how stress affected my body, and practicing was a great way to not only dissolve stress from the day but it made me more resistant to stress as well, which was my major motivation for seeking this practice.
Brendan is a very patient and compassionate teacher & this qigong method is great in that it focuses on feeling and working with “chi.” I feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to learn YiRen Qigong as it is something I will be able to carry with me for the rest of my life. I am currently taking the level two course & I will have a lot more to share in the near future…”