- CurriculumThe classes listed below are a combination of the core classes (Yi Ren Qigong Levels 1-3) and some of the other non-core classes that are offered on a regular basis and occasionally. With time the list of non-core classes will grow and expand to meet the demand and need of the student base. Tai Chi & Qigong Seattle Training Curriculum Core Classes and Current list of non-core classes -Level 1: Foundation, Chi Gong Exercise Awakening the Healing Powers Within (The prerequisite for all subsequent courses) Yi Ren® Qigong -Tai Chi Movement: Taoist Tai Chi For Internal & External Strength & A Peaceful Mind (Completion of Level 1 Required) -Moving With Qi: Chi Kung & Tai Chi Style Movements (Completion of Level 1 Required) Yi Ren® Qigong -Level Two: Development Of The Twelve Major Meridians and Organ Networks (Completion of Level 1 required) Yi Ren® Qigong -Jing & Rou: Integrating The Qi Into The Muscles & Tendons To Build Physical Strength (Completion of level 2 required) Yi Ren® Qigong -Level Three: The Extraordinary Meridians (Completion of Level 2 required & Jing/Rou suggested) Yi Ren® Qigong -Sound/Energy Center Correspondences (Prerequisite: completion of Level 2) Yi Ren® Qigong -Forms of Meditation: To Help People Enlighten Their…
- Yi Ren® Qigong Level 1: Internal Qi Activation & Cultivation
- Level 2: Activating & Developing the Internal Organ Energy Pathways
- Level 3: Development of the Extraordinary Meridians
- Moving W/ Qi: Qigong w/ Taichi style Movements
- Jing & Rou: Muscle & Tendon
- Tai Chi Movement: Taoist Tai Chi
- Sound / Energy Center Correspondence
- The Sacred Gates of Internal Cultivation
- Continuing Ed.
- Consultations & Private Lessons
- Contact Us
Yi Ren Qigong Developed by Dr. Guan-Cheng Sun
About Dr. Sun
Dr. Guan-Cheng Sun originally learned a QiGong system from his granduncle at age nine. Dr. Sun has spent over 30 years refining his skills and has developed a new system called Yi Ren QiGong.
After earning his Ph.D. in molecular biology from the Graduate University for Advanced Studies in Japan in 1993, Dr. Sun was awarded a fellowship from the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science. During his years in Japan, he also began teaching his QiGong system. In June 1994, Dr. Sun came to the University of Washington where he continued his research of the endocrine system at the molecular level. This research into the hormonal balance and transformation of the body has enriched Dr. Sun’s theory and practice of QiGong. In March of 2000, Dr. Sun accepted an invitation to lecture at the Mayo Clinic on integrating traditional Eastern healing arts with modern concepts of physiology.” He recently completed research with type two diabetes and Yi Ren Qigong at Bastyr University.
As of 2/2011 Dr. Sun is engaged in Energy Medicine Cancer Research with Fred Hutchinson / UW Medicine / & Bastyr University. He is the Qigong Instructor at Bastyr University and teaches Yi Ren Qigong seminars about once a month.
All Yi Ren® Qigong classes taught by Brendan Thorson are approved from Dr. Sun for taking his advanced level workshops. For example, if the prerequisite is the completion of level 2 class for Dr. Sun’s workshop and you have completed at least level 2 from Brendan, then you have met the requirements to register for Dr. Sun’s workshop.