- CurriculumThe classes listed below are a combination of the core classes (Yi Ren Qigong Levels 1-3) and some of the other non-core classes that are offered on a regular basis and occasionally. With time the list of non-core classes will grow and expand to meet the demand and need of the student base. Tai Chi & Qigong Seattle Training Curriculum Core Classes and Current list of non-core classes -Level 1: Foundation, Chi Gong Exercise Awakening the Healing Powers Within (The prerequisite for all subsequent courses) Yi Ren® Qigong -Tai Chi Movement: Taoist Tai Chi For Internal & External Strength & A Peaceful Mind (Completion of Level 1 Required) -Moving With Qi: Chi Kung & Tai Chi Style Movements (Completion of Level 1 Required) Yi Ren® Qigong -Level Two: Development Of The Twelve Major Meridians and Organ Networks (Completion of Level 1 required) Yi Ren® Qigong -Jing & Rou: Integrating The Qi Into The Muscles & Tendons To Build Physical Strength (Completion of level 2 required) Yi Ren® Qigong -Level Three: The Extraordinary Meridians (Completion of Level 2 required & Jing/Rou suggested) Yi Ren® Qigong -Sound/Energy Center Correspondences (Prerequisite: completion of Level 2) Yi Ren® Qigong -Forms of Meditation: To Help People Enlighten Their…
- Yi Ren® Qigong Level 1: Internal Qi Activation & Cultivation
- Level 2: Activating & Developing the Internal Organ Energy Pathways
- Level 3: Development of the Extraordinary Meridians
- Moving W/ Qi: Qigong w/ Taichi style Movements
- Jing & Rou: Muscle & Tendon
- Tai Chi Movement: Taoist Tai Chi
- Sound / Energy Center Correspondence
- The Sacred Gates of Internal Cultivation
- Continuing Ed.
- Consultations & Private Lessons
- Contact Us
What is Yi Ren® Qigong?
Yi Ren Qigong (YRQ) is the practice of cultivating the inherent potential and well-being through a growing awareness of “Qi”-a bioenergy-information system (BEIS) within us, as well as surrounding us. In Chinese, the character “Yi”（易）means change, the upper part symbolizes the sun and lower part symbolizes the moon. Through the dynamic interactions of Yin and Yang, the character “Yi” graphically suggests the Dao (道, Tao) of change, the laws of different energy interactions in the natural world. The character “Ren”（人） means human. With YRQ studies and practice, practitioners become increasingly aware of energy flow and interactions in the physical body, and in the living environment, and start to live in accord with the Dao, the laws in the nature.
The Yi Ren system of Qigong is designed to support an individual in the exploration and expression of the intelligence and wisdom already within the body. It helps one become consciously aware of and understand the body’s functions at different levels, including energetic, informational, emotional, subconscious and collective unconscious levels. A regular and disciplined practice of YRQ helps individuals increase harmony within Qi-Mind-Body-Soul, which leads to self-knowledge, self-healing, self-care, self-realization, self-mastery, and self-fulfillment.
YRQ represents a synthesis and integration of ancient wisdom (i.e. Huang Di Nei Jing – The Yellow Emperor’s Classic of Internal Medicine, Dao De Jing – The Way of Virtues, Yi Jing -The Book of Change, Zhu Bing Yuan Hou Lun -Treatise on the Causes and Manifestations of Diseases) with modern life science such as molecular genetics, psychology, and physiology. Thus, YRQ serves as an important bridge between the ancient wisdom, and modern science and Western medicine. Taken together, YRQ offers opportunities for a thorough and synergistic understanding of the physiological, energetic, emotional, and “informational” bases of the body for preventing and healing chronic illnesses and for improving the quality of people’s lives.
YRQ includes two basic components or areas of emphasis: Intrinsic and Extrinsic Qigong. Intrinsic Qigong refers to communication and interaction within the mind-body-soul with Qi cultivation; Extrinsic Qigong encompasses the interactions between individuals and their environment, including other people, society, and nature through Qi communications.
Yi Ren Intrinsic Qigong focuses on the development of three energetic bodies:
- Internal energy body (energetic matrix and Qi communication net-work) development
- Internal transformative body development
- Internal law body development
Yi Ren Extrinsic Qigong focuses on the applications of Yin/Yang theory, five phases transforming theories, the codes of energy flow, and Yi Jing in advanced internal cultivation and in treating others for healing sessions and for improving the quality of people’s life.
By Guan-Cheng Sun Phd. The Originator of Yi Ren Qigong