Seattle Tai Chi & Qigong Testimonial
Andrew Forrayi 3/9/2011
I have been studying Yi Ren Qigong with Brendan Thorson for 8-months now and it has been incredible. I am currently a student pursuing an engineering degree, have many areas of interest in metaphysics, have taken roughly 7-years of yoga pursued with a devotion to connecting deeply to myself and my surroundings. Yoga has definitely shifted myself and the dynamic relationship with the world both internally and externally. At a certain point in my yoga training I ungrounded myself and it took me several years to find something that would be effective for me with where I was and allow me to take it further and deeper, once I was able to ground myself and could return to the homeostasis state. I found the ability to not only ground myself in qigong but take the experience even further. As with how yoga opened my eyes to how amazing life could become if your bliss is nurtured, so to with qigong although totally different, amazing in another way entirely. I began to feel the energy pathways of my organs, certain chronic pains from joints and my back have for the most part healed themselves and I can feel them continuing to do so J. I have found it to be absolutely incredible and will continue exploring it probably for many years. It has the potential to be paradigm shifting and exponentially amazing. The greatest impact has been to my overall sense of well-being, being grounded and tapping into and releasing the stored emotional baggage [Energy Blockages] with the strength from being grounded and the presence of mind to comfortably engage and set free these past issues putting that bounce back into my step and the wonderful feeling of feeling healthy and that it can keep getting better.
Some of the benefits I’ve experienced:
- A growing sense of well being as my deep internal energy levels have improved
- Certain chronic ailments are no longer causing me trouble (my knees, and rotator cuff)
- Increased retention in my studies
- Starting to feel the internal energy from my organs and the meridians as they circulate within my body
- I generally sleep less and feel much more rested with the less sleep (which has been awesome!)
- Im becoming able to maintain my sense of the self I want to be even when under stressful situations and have the presence of mind during so to act as I would feel good about after 🙂 which can be developed with any meditation yet in Qigong it is definitely uniquely incredible.
- Over all I am finding that with this meditation I am building and nurturing a metaphorical “ball rolling down a hill”, as my greater energy levels are increasing. Its not particularly difficult but is definitely something to take seriously if you have interest in biological energy fields especially your own.
I am deeply grateful for this opportunity I have been given to study with Brendan.